Product Safety Audits
We perform product safety audits for:
- Institutions who want to make sure the technology they select is safe for their communities.
- Compliance and enforcement entities who want an independent validation.
- Product developers who want to go the extra mile to keep their users safe.
While we test all kinds of websites and mobile apps, we have specialized expertise in EdTech.
What is a Product Safety Audit?
What is a product safety audit?
Using the ISL software safety specification, we rigorously test web sites and mobile apps and identify places where they are or may be harming users.
The ISL safety audit covers three key safety aspects:
- Data Supply Chain: Ensures that the data flow is both authorized by the user and doesn’t entail risky or dangerous data sharing.
- Harmful Patterns in the User Interface: Ensures that the user interface doesn’t harmfully manipulate the user.
What You Get
ISL product safety testers will design and perform a bespoke audit to fit your needs—whether it is a broad scan of apps or websites, or a deep dive audit of a single app against the full ISL safety specification. Results will be provided in a detailed report with risk scores and recommended actions.
Why should you have your product audited for safety?
- It will confirm compliance with key parts of privacy regulations such as COPPA, GDPR, and CPRA.
- Because you love your customers and want to keep them safe.
- An independent safety audit of your product ensures an objective and trustworthy assessment.
Complete the request below to get the ball rolling.
When we receive your form, we’ll contact you to arrange a consultation with you and key stakeholders to better understand your needs. During this consultation, we’ll also walk you through the audit in more detail and determine the scope of the audit.
When you choose to go forward with an audit, you’ll complete a comprehensive Data Controller Questionnaire which is part of the published ISL Safe Software Specification.
Upon receiving the completed questionnaire, we’ll conduct the audit of product(s), creating a detailed report on the scores and recommendations.
When we finish the audit, we’ll arrange a meeting with you to walk through the detailed findings.
Contact us to see how we can help make your technology safer.